Thursday 19 November 2009

Group 4: Day 4 Reflection

DAY 4! (:

Appreciation Cards
The whole choir was split into four groups and were given writing materials to write their appreciation cards to whom they want to thank or encourage. It is important to encourage one another in order to gain confidence. We should not take others for granted. We need to be sensitive to each other’s needs and show respect to one another. In this way we can build stronger unity in the choir. That’s why we have ‘One Voice One Harmony One Choir’ printed on our choir t-shirt.

Free And Easy
From 12-5pm, we were given our free time to shop around and play the indoor theme park. One of the more exciting rides was ‘The Adventure Of Jett And Jin’. We were given 4-D spectacles so that we were able to visualize the 4-D effects of the clip. Apart from the 4-D spectacles, the seats that we sat on were able to move according to the movements of the clip. During some of the more exciting parts of the clip, we could feel some cold air coming out below and above our seats. We seldom get a chance to watch 4-D clips in Singapore.

Friendship Concert (Grand Finale)
This was our last concert before heading back to Singapore. We felt that Victoria Junior College outshined other choirs as they have strong breath control and were able to sustain high notes. We ought to learn from them.

Yixuan: I will cherish my experience from this trip and i will apply those techniques taught during the master classes.
Jolene: I would like to thank the two clinicians and Mr Lim for their useful tips given to us.
Audrey: I would like to thank Mr Lim and all the teachers for their motivations and encouragments.
Tongxin: I would like to thank Mdm Cheng and Mr Png for making this trip possible. I am very grateful as I've gotten a once-in-a-life time opportunity to attend master classes conducted by Mr Carpio.
Miss Goh: It has been a rewarding trip for me as I have witnessed the growth in each member, and also the marked improvement in SKSS Choir. The singers have taken greater ownership of their own learning and have gained confidence in their own singing.
We are so glad to have Mr Lim, the Choir conductor, to come on this trip. Mr Lim has been pivotal to make learning fun for the Choir. I am proud to know that the pianist, Ronald, was our SKSS student! Wow! So heartwarming to have our ex-student here with us to serve and support the CCA.
The time spent with the teachers has been so precious to me. I have enjoyed the strong team spirit among us. The fun and laughters we shared are unforgettable. It is my privilege to know Mr Melvin Png, Mdm Jane Cheng and Mdm Kiren better through the days we spent together. I thank them for their commitment and sacrifices made to make this trip a memorable one for the students. Last but not least, I would like to thank Mr Leong, our Principal for his relentless support and blessings for me to come on board in this learning journey. I have benefitted alot personally and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment